Friday, October 17, 2008

The Wedding

I woke up the morning of the wedding with butterflies in my stomach. After taking a shower and getting breakfast I went to my mom's house to begin the days preparations. When I arrived the whole house was in full swing. So I jumped in to do what I could while we waited for my aunt Peggy who was doing my hair. Once she got there about 11 we started on my hair while everyone ran errands. All this time the weather was fairly nice but the low, dark clouds were threatening otherwise. I finished my hair and had my brother drive me to the Walton's to start on everything there. Of course everyone was buzzing and I didn't have to do anything other than get ready so that's what I did. Seems like the next I knew was that they wanted me on the deck for pictures and as soon as I walked out it started to down pour. Back inside we went. I thought everything was ruined. But then at 15 min to 4 the sun peeked through and got everything going. We started right on time and the judge was great. Once we got back down the isle we greeted guests then went ahead and cut the cake so that it could be served to the guests. We made such a mess of each other but it was so much fun. Then we ate and greeted more guests. Then we went ahead and started the dances so that we could get through them before the rain started again. How sweet it was to dance with my husband and then my dad. We finished that and the sprinkles started so we bid farewell to the guests and went inside to change and catch our breaths. We finished off with the bouquet toss and garter toss and then rushed through the rain to our car and off to the Alaskan Inn for the night. What a great day!!

No comments: